General Engineering Design
We aim to deliver general engineering solutions that are tailored to suit your requirements and are only too happy to come and see you and to work with you on your needs.
In many cases, our design expertise can lead to reducing cost and increasing the quality of the build. Our general engineering service naturally includes free quotations and on-site measuring if required, or if requested straight build from plans to tolerances in a production manner.
All types of general engineering is undertaken ranging from large to small in either mild or high tensile steels, stainless steels aluminums and plastics;
- Machining or fitting work
- Metalwork for displays or features
- Heavy fabrication involving plate or beams
- Structural steel fabrication for both commercial and residential
- Crane rail work and gantry build, and maintenance services
- Balustrades, stairs, landings, walkways, handrails, gates, signage, trailers etc.
- All work is available in a variety of finishes including galvanizing, painting, powder coated, electroplating, polishing, etc.
Cook & Galloway General Engineers have extensive fabrication capabilities including;
- Production of heavier grades of expanded mesh for the steel industry suppliers of NZ, and specialty runs for architectural or special production requirements for specific industry needs such as aluminum
- Production of storage and liquid pressure vessels, either fully completed or in a kit form. These can be to our stock design or your own depending on your needs
- Production of compressible gas vessels to AS1210 and certified design
- Construction of vacuum tanks ranging from just the tank for others to complete through to complete trucks ready to go
- Paddock vacuum cleaners for horse manure
- Roading chip roller spreaders and cement spreaders manufacture and installation
- Trucking, farming and agricultural vehicle modifications
- Farming/agricultural implement design and build including fertilizer spreader manufacture and slurry tankers
- Special one off or low production volumes build
- Simple and complex steel fabrication
We also provide extensive maintenance support for the transport, farming and agricultural plus manufacturing industry sectors.
- Truck and trailer maintenance work including running steelwork repairs, deck repair and replacement, specialized trucks, vacuum trucks etc
- Construction equipment repairs, diggers, graders, buckets, hardfacing, etc
- Agricultural equipment repairs and rebuilds
- Scheduled maintenance programmes for production line focused companies. This can either be preventative maintenance, including repairs as required and or modification for production line equipment to meet new requirements.
We have a wide selection of steel and/or plate in stock with a full variety of cutting services available for all lengths and/or shapes.